The World Federation Science & Technology (WFST) enters into agreements of Technical Sponsorship with selected conference organizing committees as one means of promoting activities of interest to its members. This page describes what the WFST defines as ‘Technical Sponsorship’ of a conference. This page also outlines procedures through which the Society agrees to Technical Sponsorship with the conference organizers and how the Society and the conference organizers implement that agreement.
The objective is both to:
- Improve the assistance the Society provides to conference organizers with which it agrees to be in cooperation-with, and,
- Gain greater international visibility, as well as membership, for the Society through technical sponsorship of these conferences.
Each sponsorship proposal is very important to the Society and is given full and serious consideration. Each proposal is evaluated by the Governing Body before it presents a recommendation to the Founder for final consideration. Of course the Governing Body and the Founder will evaluate those items that are basic to any conference co-sponsorship proposal (e.g., the experience/expertise of the conference organizers, other organizations that are sponsoring/co-sponsoring the conference, the availability of Society resources to support this sponsorship, etc.).
For the WFST, one of the most important questions the Governing Body, and eventually the Founder, will have is:
“How does this conference align-with the Objectives of Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties?”
This point means that a sponsorship proposal should demonstrate how the conference falls within the Society’s Objectives. A proposal’s chance-of-success is increased when there is a high percentage of topics and/or sessions that address the Objectives. Conversely, a proposal’s chance-of-success is reduced when there are relatively few topics and/or sessions that addresses the Objectives of the Society. Here is a sampling of conference topics and session topics that are present in conferences that the WFST sponsors or co-sponsors:
- Accreditation and assessment
- Active learning
- Capstone and senior design experiences
- Computer and Web-based software
- Creative design experiences
- Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
- Education research
- Distance learning: Methods, technologies, and assessment
- Diversity: Valuing it, achieving it, and teaching it
- Entrepreneurship programs
- Ethics: Creative ways to teach and assess it
- Faculty development
- First-year courses and programs
- Globalization: Preparing faculty and students
- Innovative degree programs and curricula
- Innovative pedagogies
- Innovative uses of technology in the classroom
- K-12 initiatives and partnerships
- Laboratory experiences: On-site and at a distance
- Learning models
- Lifelong learning
- Nontraditional students
- Partnerships (industry, government, university, international)
- Service learning
- Software engineering
- Student retention and persistence
- Undergraduate research experiences
- Undergraduate Study Abroad Programs
- Women in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology education
Not only limited to these areas, but also to all the areas that research is related with.
Actions Expected of Conference Organizers
- Conference organizers propose technical co-sponsorship in person (or by designate) to the Founder of the WFST – World Federation Science & Technology at least six months before the conference is to occur, if possible.
- Conference organizers assume all financial responsibility for the conference. Technical sponsorship of a conference by WFST – World Federation Science & Technology entails no financial responsibility for the conference by the Society.
- Conference organizers display the WFST and Techno Forum logo on all publicity, Web sites, correspondence, signage, and publications for the conference. In addition, all publications and publicity related to the conference mentions explicitly technical sponsorship by the WFST – Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties.
- During the conference, conference organizers provide membership application forms for the WFST – World Federation Science & Technology to all attendees, and distribute related promotional material for the members provided by the Society.
- Conference organizers provide a booth or a table in a prominent place at the conference to the WFST – World Federation Science & Technology for promotion of the Society’s products and programs, such as the WFST Transactions, Journals, the Frontiers in Conference, and other conferences identified by the Society.
- For one representative of the WFST – Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties, the Chief Liaison, the conference organizers (a) waive the conference registration fee, (b) provide a room in the conference hotel during the conference (c) provide round way air-tickets enabling him to attend the conference, and (d) add his name at the valedictory address.
- The conference organizers make every effort to contribute 1% of gross receipts from registration fees for the conference to the WFST – World Federation Science & Technology to offset costs for activities by the Society related to the conference.
- The conference organizers select at least one paper from the conference for revision and submission, by the author(s), to the WFST Journals for review and possible publication.
- The conference organizers, in cooperation with the Chief Liaison from the WFST – Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties, present a timely evaluation of the conference to the Founder and Governing Body of the WFST – Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties.
- The conference organizers provide the WFST – World Federation Science & Technology a list (preferably in electronic format) of conference participants (presenters, exhibitors, attendees…), with the affiliation, membership status in WFST – Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties, and e-mail addresses for each one.
- All papers submitted to the conference must be peer-reviewed.
- The conference must demonstrate that its paper submission process is secure.
- Include WFST – World Federation Science & Technology in all the correspondences where the conference name is being used which includes final schedule, proceedings and certificates.
- The Conference Organizers should provide a considerable amount of registration fee discount for the WFST Members. Minimum – 10% & Maximum 25%. If someone quotes the 16 digit WFST Membership ID, the organizer can verify the same at www.wfst.org before offering the discount.
Actions Expected of the WFST – Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties
- The WFST – World Federation Science & Technology certifies technical co-sponsorship of the conference so that the conference may contract for any subset of conference management services.
- The WFST – World Federation Science & Technology identifies a representative, normally a life-member or member of the Governing Body, to serve as chief liaison between the conference and the Society. This person provides an assessment report of the conference to the Governing Body of the Society.
- The WFST – World Federation Science & Technology supports conference organizers by identifying qualified persons to serve on the conference program committee.
- The WFST shall make the proper arrangements for the publication of the proceedings both in online.
- The WFST shall make the proper arrangements for basic website which includes the registration form and other information’s.
- The WFST will provide the Digital ID for the certificates which should be printed in the certificate with the direct link to www.wfst.org
- The WFST will provide the AID for each and every paper which should be printed in the bottom of each and every paper for it to get resolved.